Effective date: 22/10/2018
Terms such as “we”, “us”, “our” or similar expressions shall mean the Sports Rights Owners Coalition, being an informal coalition of international and national sports bodies and competition organisers, with no legal personality. The website is owned and operated by The Football Association Premier League Limited, with registered offices located 30 Gloucester Place London, W1U 8PL, United Kingdom.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
1. Information relating to the data we collect and use
Types of data
We collect personal data that you provide directly to us, through request or questions you submit to us via the online form available at the page « Contact Us ». The data we collect directly from you include:
- Email address;
- First and last name;
- Country of residence;
- Information about your support interaction with us ;
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services.
Use of the data
We use the personal data we have collected from for the following means:
- Contact you in order to respond to your request for information;
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services;
- Secure our Services and resolve technical issues being reported;
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others;
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others;
Legal bases for use of your personal data
- Where we have your consent to engage in a particular processing activity (for example when you fill in the contact form in order to be contacted by Us or when you accept the installation of cookies) (art. 6.1.a GDPR);
- Where use of your personal data is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, to comply with: the terms of service of our websites) (art. 6.1.b GDPR);
- Where use of your personal data is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our website and applications; operate our Services, and prevent fraud) (art. 6.1.f GDPR);
- Where use of your personal data is necessary comply with legal requirements (art. 6.1.c);
- Where we have a reason to process the data in accordance with an EU Member State law.
How we share and disclose your personal data
We may share personal data we collect with the other members of the Sports Rights Owners Coalition, and forward the request or the personal data your provided to us in the contact form, when the said request or personal data is likely to interest or to concern the said member.
We will not share your personal data to any other third party, unless required by law or judicial authorities.
Retention of your data
We keep your personal data for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain personal data depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
Without prejudice of the foregoing, when you collect us through the contact form, we retain your data information during one year following the receipt of your request, in order to keep track of our exchanges.
Data subject rights
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below at any time.
The EU regulation permits you to request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of personal data we hold about you;
- update personal data which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete certain personal data which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your personal data;
- transfer your personal data to a third party provider of services;
- revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data, without prejudice of the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable regulation. Please note, however, that certain personal data may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your personal data for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation.
We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
We do not use your personal data for automated decision-making, including profiling.
If you assume we have not respected your rights on your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
2. Third party links and features
3. How we protect your personal data
We take technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. This protection includes technical protection and confidentiality agreements with third party processors. The data are hosted in E.U. Countries and will not be transferred to a third country that does not ensure an adequate level of protection or without appropriate safeguards.
However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal data to us via the Internet.
5. Data controller contact information
The Data controller is The Football Association Premier League Limited, with registered offices located 30 Gloucester Place London, W1U 8PL, United Kingdom.